Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, February 18, 2009

    That Crazy Man I Live With

    One of my favorite bloggers, Heather Armstrong of dooce.com, brought this meme over from facebook and it was hilarious! I felt inclined to share some background by doing the same…Most of you probably don’t know a lot about Ruben. That might be a good thing!


    What are your middle names?
    My middle name is Breanne. Ruben's middle name is Dagoberto. In fact, he’s a Jr. I saved our son…He owes me BIG time for not becoming Ruben Dagoberto Ruiz III.

    How long have you been together?
    We’ve been married for 7 ½ years, together 8 ½ years.

    How long did you know each other before you started dating?
    We met a month or two before we started dating. I thought he was creepy and thoroughly annoying. Two very attractive qualities, apparently.

    Who asked whom out?
    He asked me. In fact, he would not take no for an answer. I must’ve given 5 excuses that he knocked down right away…he was determined!

    How old are each of you?
    I'm 26, he's OLD 31. The 5 ½-year age difference, always gets played up on birthdays. God, I will never get tired of offering an arm of assistance for his tired bones as we walk out of a steakhouse on his latest milestone.

    Whose siblings do you see the most?
    We see both sets fairly evenly which sucks because my two sisters are local and his siblings are 3 hours away but we try to keep it fair and all…

    Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
    Um, our house is the bane of our existence. I cried the day we closed escrow and after fixing it all up to sell, we had a flood and got to start all over. We’ve now missed the possibility of having any equity in our house, thankyouverymuch recession and will be stuck in this evil little house until things change…

    Did you go to the same school?
    We both went to the same high school but he graduated in 1995 and I graduated in 2001. He went to Cal Poly for college and I went to Long Beach State

    Are you from the same home town?
    Yes, we are both from the pumpkin capital of the world, the lovely, the tiny, stop sign on a black top of a city, Half Moon Bay.

    Who is smarter?
    We could debate this for hours but this man refused to recognize “dollop” as a word. He also needs me to fix the computers, cook, make all decisions regarding our children…. On the other hand, he is smart enough to convince me to do all these things so…

    Who is the most sensitive?
    Me. I am the one who is a step away from being locked up in a padded room so, its safe to say ME ME ME!!!!

    Where do you eat out most as a couple?
    Hmmm…is this a trick question? Wouldn’t that require us to eat out?

    Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
    St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles – part of a cruise last year, thanks mom and dad!

    Who has the craziest exes?
    I do. Hands down. Mine are the ones who keep reappearing in our lives, either hopelessly begging for me to consider their jobless ass for a second chance, or to hear that they are homeless and have put more white powder up their nose than Whitney Houston. They are some real gems, let me tell you!

    Who has the worst temper?
    Depends. I have the screaming and swearing kind of temper and he has the screaming and punch stuff kind. Only kidding. Have you met us? We are two of the quietest people EVER…

    Who does the cooking?
    Me. I taught Ruben how to make Campbell’s soup when we first got together and thought we were progressing as I tried to teach him to make maccaroni and cheese from the box. Do you know how HORRIBLY wrong Kraft Mac ‘n’ Cheese can go? Because I do!

    Who is the neat-freak?
    I used to be. When I lived on my own, my place was spotless. Now, there is crap EVERYWHERE! And I have given up hope!

    Who is more stubborn?
    I am of Irish/German decent. He is Mexican… you be the judge. But I will tell you this: Our kids are EVIL stubborn!

    Who hogs the bed?
    Ruben. At least every other night, I get pushed right off. Our bed is so miserably uncomfortable that the only place Ruben is willing to lay is right in the middle and he tosses, snores, kicks, shouts, and does this weird ballerina, twinkle toes thing.

    Who wakes up earlier?
    Me. Ruben would not be up until noon if he had the choice. But he lives with two children under 5 and me…he has no choice!

    Where was your first date?
    San Benito House Deli for lunch. I had the cheese and avocado sandwich on wheat, no avocado…back in the vegetarian days.

    Who is more jealous?
    Totally me. He gets calls from his octogenarian boss and I go ape shit: “Who was that? Why was she calling? Doesn’t she know its family time?” I might need to work on it.

    How long did it take to get serious?
    Well, we started dating in September and were married by July so…not long?

    Who eats more?
    He does. I would try to keep up but I would be the size of a bus! Damn his great genetics!

    Who does the laundry?
    He does his. I do everything else. And that includes folding the piles of clean clothes he just did but wants to leave sitting on top of the dryer FOREVER or until he chooses to wear it. Whichever comes first.

    Who's better with the computer?
    Me. Ruben has asked me how to access the internet with the bright blue e (of internet explorer) staring right at him. Yea….

    Who drives when you are together?
    Usually Ruben. We are both back seat drivers, though. I drive too fast, he drives way too slow and forgets the off ramp he needs on a regular basis.



    Feel free to answer some or all of the same questions about your significant other in the comments, or leave a link to your website if you prefer answering there.

    No comments: